Saturday, February 24, 2007

Return to China

I am trying something new . . . a blog . . . . to record my experiences here in China. I hope this will serve as a better communication tool to all my family nd friends about what I am doing here in China. I think that it will take a little time to figure all of the bells and whistles about blogging. Additionally, I hope to post some photos so you can have a glimpse as to some of the people, places, and things that I encounter in my daily life.

I will welcome your comments and feedbck too. I think this can be a great way to stay in touch with each other.

I arrived in Beijing thursday evening after a very long and tiring flight from the US. On left Indianapolis and fly to Chicago, but it was very stressful. Thata more there was very heavy fog making the drive difficult and slow. I arived at the airport with only one hour to spare and then the check-in line was very long. Soemhow 'customer service' did not mean much as there was only one agent who only dealt with one of 15-20 passengers in 30 minutes. I had doubts i would make the flight.

But thankfully, I did and the connection also went smoothly too. I was fortune to have an entire row to myself, but the bad news was that i could not sleep. So the journey seemed to go on and on. After my arrival in Beijing, I took the Airport Bus and Ben met me. I am staying with him temporaily till i can find a place.

Yesterday (Friday), we began taking care of the many details required to make a smooth tranisition.... buying a bus pass, securing a SIM card and local number,etc.

So far everything seems to be going well. Monday is registration and classes gefin on Wednesday

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi~
I looked through the page,glad to know some thing you saw and felt,i'll keep watching.

claire said...

welcome home
my friend:)

The Readster said...

Welcome to blogging.
thereadster.blogspot.com