Monday, February 26, 2007

Making the Transistion in Beijing

Today I will go to my language school to register and start what should be an interesting chapter for me. I think gaining more language ability will not only be exciting and challenging, but ultimately will open more doors and opportunities. I should find my schedule ... the timesof my lessons, my teachers, and meet some classmates too.

So far the transistion is progressing smoothly. I am finding my way around this part of Beijing which is a HUGE city. I am in the northwest corner near the 4th ring road in an area called Zhongguancun. there are many universities located nearby and this is also the site of China's silicon valley with many technology companies nearby.

I still need to find a place to live . . . so that is something you can continue to think about. While I am not anxious about this, it still causes me some concern. So far there are not many open doors.

Saturday, I met two of my students from last term . . .they are in Beijing completeing a GRE prep course during their winter vacation. We met for some coffee and then lunch later... and had a great time talking. The remainder of my time has been to overcome a severe case of jet lag, continue with all the details of relocating to another city, and exploring this massive city. I have been waking up around 4 or 5 am and find that i am ready to crash by 9 at night.

Please add your comments or send me an email. I think this will be a good way to stay connected.

No comments: